Wheel Of Consent Essentials – Edinburgh
26 July 2020
26 July, Edinburgh. This 1-day 'hands-on' introductory workshop teaches you the essentials of the Wheel Of Consent. Learn a new way to navigate connection, and bring a completely fresh approach to all your relationships.
A 50% discount on the full price is available for those who have attended any of my previous workshops.
Timings & location
1000 - 1800
Salisbury Centre, Edinburgh
A 1-day Edinburgh workshop exploring the essentials of the Wheel of Consent®
Ever wished you could have a map to help you with your relationships? If you’d like to:
- Get clearer about what you do and don’t want
- Communicate your needs and desires more easily
- Navigate relationships and interactions better
…then this workshop is for you!
The Wheel of Consent is a simple, powerful navigational tool which allows you to bring choice and clarity to your interactions. Practice creating clear agreements so you can experience satisfying connection to self and others. Discover a completely fresh approach to all your relationships.
This is a ‘hands-on’ 1-day introductory workshop, at the renowned Salisbury Centre in Edinburgh, exploring the essentials of the Wheel Of Consent, with an invitation to learn through safe, clothed, touch on your own terms – including the choice not to touch.
The focus is not on the touch itself. Instead it’s a powerful inquiry into knowing what it is you want and how to communicate it.
This workshop is part of the official curriculum of the School Of Consent.
What’s this workshop about?
- Waking up sensation – feeling and following what is enjoyable for you
- Making choices – learning how to choose for yourself
- Exploring who each interaction is for – because ‘doing’ does not always mean ‘giving’
- Making agreements and improving communication – noticing, valuing, and trusting what you want, having the courage to ask for it, and feeling safe enough to receive it
What will happen in this workshop?
When you touch another person, is it for you, or for them? Can you tell? Does it matter?
Understanding and embodying the Wheel of Consent happens best through a somatic experience – you have to feel it. Therefore, this workshop invites you to learn through touch-based exercises. You’ll learn:
- How to experience sensation, and enjoyment, in your own skin in a way that you can access any time you choose
- The essential framework of the Wheel of Consent and experience its four Quadrants (Taking, Allowing, Serving, and Accepting) as a foundation for connection
- To become aware of your desires and limits, and learn how to make choices about what you do with them
- To practice communicating what you do and don’t want, and making agreements about the interactions you have.
There are opportunities for exchanging touch as part of the learning, but it is never required. You are welcome to watch the entire time if you like, and this experience can be just as valuable. The workshop is fully clothed and non-sexual, and it will always be your choice if, where, and how you touch or are touched.
Who is this workshop for?
This Edinburgh workshop is for anyone who is interested in learning more about themselves and improving the quality of their relationships – personal or professional, with partners, lovers, friends, parents, children or colleagues. No prior experience necessary. Whether you’ve worked with the Wheel Of Consent, before or whether you haven’t, there are always new levels of awareness to be found.
Many people have found this workshop and the Wheel of Consent to be life-changing. The Wheel allows you to bring clarity, ease, freedom, gratitude and generosity into all your interactions.
All shades on the gender and sexuality spectrums are welcome.
You are welcome to book on your own, or with one or more friends or partners. If you book with partners/friends, you may choose to share any touch mainly or solely with them if you prefer, although there will be invitation to work with different members of the group at different times.
What you can get from joining me on this workshop...
Recent participants said:
"I’ve gained a piercing insight into the complexities of relationships and agreements!"
"I have taken this and applied it to my life – as a result I’ve seen my work and personal relationships change and become clearer. I feel freer and more powerful and more ‘optioned’ because of the Wheel Of Consent work"
"Michael is a wonderful facilitator. He creates a safe space so I completely trusted him and could relax"
Sorry, there are no other events currently scheduled.